Monday, March 18, 2013

Winter Blues


Winter's Glory-Bird Park at dusk
8x16 
Winter Stream-Fairfax, VT
16x20

Beautiful Dawn-
9x12
Winter Wonderland
12x12 

2013 should be synonymous with SNOW. Here it is March 18th and yet another big storm is forecast. For some this might not be exciting....But...
I love snow! When I wake up in the morning and look out the window I am always astonished by the sheer beauty of everything blanketed in a new fresh coat of white. For a brief time everything looks clean. My thoughts go to days off when I was little; a kind of gift to have the freedom to play and take a break from the daily grind. I think of the exhilarating feeling of being on top of a mountain about to ski down and looking out over the snow covered world below. Fresh tracks when no one has gone before. Snow provides an opportunity to get "centered". There is a serenity that I feel and that I like to try to capture when I paint a snow scene. I love the cool blue shadows dancing across the surface, the warm lights hitting the snow and reflecting back, and the branches that hang heavy under the weight of their new visitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment