Friday, March 25, 2022

Hull Lifesaving Museum Juried Show

9x12 gallery wrap oil Evening Solitude
11x14 oil-Dynamic Trio

I was encouraged to submit paintings for a show "Sea and Sky" to be held at the Hull Lifesaving Museum in Hull, MA. My painting buddy, J.T. Harding, said he would drive them down and submit some also, so I said "great!". What the Hull Museum website didn't say was that it was a juried show. I probably would have chosen different paintings had I known. I liked that these were opposite; one very calm and evoking a feeling of solitude and the other loud and wild and portraying the crashing surf. I found out yesterday, however, that these 2 paintings were juried in, so I guess it's sometimes best not to know. A gentleman who purchased a painting from me last month said he was in love with my purples. Maybe that was what this judge liked too. When I am in love with a place or an experience, I hope that it comes through in my painting; Maybe that is what the judge liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment