Thursday, April 4, 2013

Chronicle


These paintings were done for my friend who owns a shop at The Norwood Commerce Center. She was doing a fundraiser for a friend who donated a kidney to a family member and was holding a raffle to pay medical bills. In a strange twist, she invited me to put some paintings in her shop and be on Chronicle -as they were coming that week to film the new marketplace that she manages. I was thrilled to have people see my work and said I 'd come down and set up stuff. I went around my house and took down stuff off the walls and gathered up the paintings I had done for my kids and went on down and hung up enough to make it look good. They said they wanted to interview me painting. When I saw it air, what a surprise to hear them say they were all for sale. Holy cow. I never said that. My kids might disagree. But, if you like this peony-bid on the raffle. They can use the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment