Thursday, June 6, 2013

Spring flowers-always beckon.


Bleeding Hearts, Bottles and Apples
Dorothy's Duck with rhododendron
 I noticed as I started looking at the gardens the abundance of pinks and reds surrounded by the lush greens and earthy tones. The flowers are so beautiful and their beauty is so fleeting. Capturing them requires a certain decisiveness in putting the paint down. Mostly I try to capture the essence of how they feel. Once cut they don't last, but their image makes an imprint on my senses and I try to savor the few days they are at their peak. With a storm forecast for tomorrow, I knew today was the day to paint peonies. And we connected. Looks like the red green harmony is in season.

Peggy's Peonies  11x14
Update-happy to say this painting has been selected for the Zullo Gallery's 19th annual Juried Exhibition
in Medfield, MA Sept 21-Nov. 9, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment