Saturday, July 6, 2024

ELO and her Cello


 My granddaughter got to choose an instrument to play when she was in 4th grade.SHe pondered the choice for some time, explored her options and finally settled on the cello. The day she got her cello, she sat on her bed just hugging it. It was cello love.

I like to paint special moments in her life and have been trying to do one each year. This painting is her 2024 version.

I strayed from my usual style somewhat creating an abstract background and a splash of blue on the cello where the rflection was to lead the eye connecting her to the cello. I pushed the warmth of the cello and the shirt color to harmonize with the blues. I like the tilt of the instrument tying together the angles of her arms and legs as they encompassed her new love. I learned that painting a head tilted at an angle is much more difficult than one that is upright. She was delighted when I gave her the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment