Saturday, July 6, 2024

These Martha Washington peonies grow outside my back door. Peonies are one of my favorite flowers and over the years I have added different varities to my gardens. To me, this variety is one of the most bautiful. During Covid most of my painting was done outside in my yard. This is one of those paintings. The beautiful centers contrasting with the pink petals is part of what I love about these flowers; so I decided to focus on them close up and detailed rather than in a big bunch. The rich red green color harmony and the beautiful texture of the petals stand out against the neutral negative spaces. This painting was recently selected for the Norwood Art association cover photo for their facebook page. The painting sold immediately after I painted it. I set up some paintings on easels in my yard for one of my collectors who was missing coming to the gallery while we were closed for Covid. She immediately picked out this one. She told me my paintings brought her happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment