Saturday, July 6, 2024

Filoli Rose

On a recent trip to CA, my daughter took us to Filoli. in Woodside, CA. (https://filoli.org/ ) The place was incredible. The history and the formal gardens were captivating.  I knew immediately that I had to paint something to commemorate the experience. My own roses always end up with japenese beetles. The roses here were perfection. SO the decision was an easy one.

I choose to paint looking into the rose itself with it's varying shades of pinks and peach hues and it's highlights and shadows. I cropped it to focus on that particular aspect rather than the shape of the entire rose itself. It was challenging to try and capture the feeling of depth and the curling petals. In the end, it was rewarding to have a little bit of Filoli on  my canvas.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment