Saturday, February 2, 2013

Judged worthy!

11x14 oil Dynamic Trio

9x12 gallery wrap "Evening Solitude" 
I was encouraged by Dianne Panarelli Miller to enter a show at the Hull Lifesaving Museum. We didn't discuss it at great length and I figured she suggested it because it was a good place to sell and gain exposure in a new market. Dianne never steers me wrong. I entered these paintings because I felt they portrayed two very different feelings about the ocean. One experience was  very calming and peaceful, while the other was a mesmerizing one as I watched the power of the waves rolling in and listened to the furious sounds of the surf. I found out after submitting them that it was a juried show. There had been no mention of judging on their website and I was thinking I probably would have chosen differently. Both pieces were accepted much to my delight. I thought about the gentleman who purchased a painting from me last month. He told me that he was in love with my purples. Maybe this judge was too. Or maybe she liked the feelings I was trying to evoke. Some judges actually post a little blurb about why they choose a piece. I hope that is the case in this show. The show "Sea and Sky" opens next Friday evening and I guess I'll find out then.

No comments:

Post a Comment