Friday, February 15, 2013

Plein aire painting-my favorite!

 Turner Pond, Walpole, MA

Charles River, Medfield, MA    


Camden Harbor, Camden ME-view from Mt. Battie

Manana from Monhegan Island, ME

West Street, Walpole, MA-

Jercho, VT-Mt. Mansfield-

West Street, Walpole, MA-

View from our deck on Monhegan Island, ME-

Early morning in the Adirondacks-

After teaching in a room without windows for 24 years, I couldn't wait to be outside. Fresh air, ever changing light and conditions and "sunshine on my shoulders"-all this has great appeal!  These are a few examples of various places I have painted. I find lots of inspiration right here at home. When I go anywhere, I feel more connected by painting than by photos. Of course I take a lot of photos as well, but painting really makes an imprint in the brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment