Sunday, December 9, 2018

The Marginal Way

Take time to sit by the Sea 18x24 oil

One of my college friends has a summer place on the Marginal Way in Ogunquit, Maine. We are very fortunate to be invited up to stay with them and enjoy the beautiful coast and it's unique Marginal Way. The walkway runs from Big beach in town all along the coast to Perkins Cove. Plein air painting is a given when I visit. There are so many places to set up and the views are fantastic in any direction. My husband was sitting on the bench contemplating the sea and it was a scene repeated all up and down the miles of walkway as people soaked in the beauty of the ocean views. I liked that his back was to me and that the experience was a universal one. It is my wish that more people would value the wonders of nature and respect it. I hope these experiences are here for future generations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment