Monday, April 4, 2016

It's Bird Park again


"Contemplation" 11x14 oil

Certain subjects will always be in my repertoire. Bird Park is one of them. No matter how often I go there and paint there, I never will be "done". I decided this time to try something a bit different from previous paintings of this bridge and put a figure in the landscape. I continue my relationship with using light as a compositional  and unifying element. When I had my friend pose on the bridge, I intentionally viewed her from the back. Most anyone can relate to having the sun on their shoulders, contemplating nature and listening to the sounds of summer. As someone who frequents the park,  there is a magical connection. I worked with analogous colors mainly-blue green, blue, and blue violet, using orange in the light for a harmonious effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment