Monday, April 4, 2016

Take me out to the ballgame....

"Buy me some Peanuts and Crackerjacks"  11x14 oil

Everyone is familiar with the springtime favorite; "take me out to the ballgame, take me out to the park, buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks...". Applicable to any team, the subject matter has universal appeal for the baseball crowd. It  appealed to the fan and the artist in me and was a really fun experience to paint. Because of the familiarity of the box, much of the design is suggested rather than detailed. The peanuts are used to lead the viewers eye into and around the composition. I made the baseball glow with warmth so the viewer wants to pick it up. The predominate reds may have a little Boston bias, but what can I say-? I am from Boston after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment